WordPress is great software for building blogs, websites, e-commerce and startups platforms for non-technical background founder teams. However, it’s missing the point to teach any beginner to start their WordPress journey within days and that’s where we come in. If you are an individual, business owner, college fest website designer or a startup founder from a non-technical background and want to take control of your website and online business operations, this “WordPress for startups” is the perfect course for you.
With more than 10 years of business experience successfully driving more than 5 startups to break even and profit margins, our trainers have created this class to share the ways to make your move to a profitable startup decision making.
It is handy for beginners/non-tech users to design enthusiasts to college students about to start their own startups and wanting to have a strong online presence or someone about to start their own blog, product portal or lean startup or planning to run a business without spending too much.
This course is a combination of videos as online lectures, an assignment at the end, of course, discussions and final analysis before granting certification.
This course is :
Fully online with video lectures
Timeline – Flexible deadlines to complete at your own pace
Language – English
Hands-onn classroom training – Practical training available after course completion
This course is divided into 2 sections, first is the basics or the beginner’s course for learning all about WordPress, it’s functions, use cases, and then the Advanced version to create web platforms like business websites, e-commerce platforms, listing websites and tutoring platforms. You will learn how to secure your online videos, data and apply plugins for payments, referrals and user analytics.
WordPress for startups – Basics or Beginner Level: For those who want to enter into Blogosphere, online business websites or custom college fest websites and want to have a complete hands-on experience on running a website or blog on your own. Introductory sessions on Plugins and Themes (designs) structures will be an amazing experience on creating a beautiful website of your use. You will learn the tricks on traffic generation, social media outreach and monetization of blogs to start your earnings.
WordPress for startups – Advanced Level: This is the WordPress for Everything section that covers from basics of developing a blog to running a fully fletched business of your own or client. WordPress for startups is the much-needed course for our Startup Generation who needs the best possible skills for getting their ideas on both feet in this ecosystem of web platforms!
After the course “WordPress for startups” is completed, you will be able to opt for the classroom training program of 2 days to 1 week depending on your training requirements at the nearest location possible.
The objective of this course
- History and present landscape: Here you’ll learn about the key elements of WordPress, that you would need to create your blog or portal or functional website(s). Firstly, you will be taught how the WordPress editor works. Secondly, you’ll learn how to insert plugins, hyperlink, videos & images, linking a document, etc.
- Essentials of WordPress: This topic will share special tips for maintaining the SEO, ensuring proper links to direct users to your blog, portal or platform, and to ensure smooth marketing of your business essentials in case you are planning to start your online business.
- Installation & easy setup: In this part, we’re going to take a look at what you need to host a WordPress blog or site. You’ll also learn how to install WordPress step by step.
- Knowing the power of Dashboard: Once you’ve installed WordPress, I’ll explain you the difference between the front end and the back end. You’ll also see how to get access to the back end, where you can manage your WordPress installation and your content.
- Configuring WordPress on your own: In this section, you’ll get an overview of the basic configuration settings of your WordPress installation.
- Handling Pages, posts and media: In this part, you will learn about Media and the latest updates to insert the most important aspect of your WordPress portal(Graphics, images, and documents (pdf, text document)). You will learn the steps to page management (adding, editing and deleting pages). The final one is Posts which are the basis for blogging. They are used for adding news (articles). In this part, you’ll learn more about post management: adding, editing and deleting posts.
- Taxonomies: tags and categories: Tags and categories are an essential part of blogging in WordPress. In this part of the guide, you’ll learn what tags and categories are, and how to use them.
- Custom Menus: In this part, you’ll see how easy it is to set up and use your own custom menu, and why you should use this.
- User Management: This part is all about user management. You’ll learn more about the different user roles, and also how to manage your users.
- WordPress Themes: This is the part where it’s getting fun! I’ll show you where you can find great themes, both free and paid (bur for a reasonable price). You’ll also see how easy it is to install a WordPress theme and to change the layout of your blog or site.
- Widgets & Plugins: In this part, you’ll learn what a widget is, and how to use them. Widgets are great for personalizing your blog. With plugins, you can extend the functionalities of your WordPress blog or site. Plugins can be very powerful. Most plugins are free, but there is also some great commercial (premium) plugins. In this part, I’ll show you where and how you can find the best plugins, and how you can easily install and activate a plugin. You’ll also get to know which plugins I use for my blogs and sites.
- How to configure WordPress as a CMS: Because WordPress is also a very popular CMS, you will learn how to easily configure your website WordPress as a CMS.
- WordPress security: Security is a very important part of managing website. In this part, you’ll learn simple tips and plugins to enhance WordPress security and blocking hackers from breaching data and privacy.
Topic details covered in this course “WordPress for startups“:
- Introduction of WordPress
- Setting up server
- Installing and configuring WordPress
- Tour of the core of the WordPress
- Post and Pages content types
- Creating and managing content
- How to manage images and media in WordPress
- Managing widgets in WordPress
- Managing comments system
- Managing WordPress themes
- Finding and using WordPress plugins
- Custom content type in WordPress
- Managing custom fields
- User and permission management
- Statistics, scalability, security, and spam in WordPress
- WordPress developer community
- Developing a WordPress theme
- The Loop
- Creating a widget area
- Template tags in WordPress
- Plugin development in WordPress
- Widget development in WordPress
- Dashboard widget development
- Plugin options and administration
- Ajax and Plugin in WordPress
- Using the WordPress database
- Creating database tables
- Inserting data in tables
- Mastering CRUD in WordPress
- Ajax in front end using WordPress
- The Loop, Posts, and Pages
- The WordPress plugin lifecycle
- Security and extensibility of the Plugin
- Moving WordPress website from localhost to live server
- Testing and debugging
- Tests and Projects
- Generating user traffic on the website using content and keywords
- Managing SEO and SEM
- Retaining tips for readers or traffic for longer durations
- Improving Google ranking on the search list
After taking this course, you’ll be able to create your own blog, or your startup website, or your college fest dynamic website, a prototype version of your family business or a full-fledged Enterprise on WordPress. Although not 100% aspect of WordPress can be covered in a course, our trainers will include enough links and sources of information so you’ll know where to find the right information whenever you are in need. And Don’t worry, WordPress is open source software. This means that you don’t have to pay a license or you don’t have to pay to use it that will reduce your web technology costing to minimal in case you are a bootstrapped startup or business. In short “WordPress for startups” is the complete guide to create your own website or startup today. In case, if you are looking for courses in making website using coding then check our course on “How to create website“
No Reviews found for this course.